Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Windows 8 64bit Bootcamp 5 Drivers Install Fail

2012 Retina MacBook Pro

I installed Windows 7 64 Bit with bootcamp 4. I then upgraded to Windows 8 64 Bit Pro, using the microsoft installer for windows 8.I then tried to install Bootcamp 5, however the Bootcamp 5 installer states that I must have Windows 7 to install Bootcamp 5. However, Apple lists Bootcamp 5 as supporting Windows 8 64Bit. I have tried Insalling using compatibility mode and running the .msi file from an administrative command prompt. Nothing works. I really don't want to have to reinstall windows 8 to get this to work, as I have many custom programs and settings installed, along with video game saves. I don't understand why the installer would do this.

Does anyone have any ideas before i spend hours reinstalling windows to get bootcamp 5, and be rid of the compatibility warnings from windows 8 about bootcamp 4?

MacBook Pro with Retina display, Windows 8

Posted on Jun 16, 2013 4:08 PM

There are no replies.

Windows 8 64bit Bootcamp 5 Drivers Install Fail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.