Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Fiber Channel for Xserve

Hi

Recently i have switch from an Xserve ppc server to an Xserve intel server, where an Xraid was connected to the ppc, There were a fiber cable connecting the xraid to the ppc which now i have shif to the intel one.

When i go to system preference - fiber channel - i get this

User uploaded file

I have an Apple dual-channel 4 GB fibre Channel Card, model LSI7204EP and the type of cable is passive Copper.

Can someone tell me which type of cable to use ? Can this one below on the apple store ?

http://store.apple.com/us/product/MA461G/A/apple-copper-fibre-channel-cable-4gb- sfp-to-sfp

Thanks for helping me.

Abhi

Xserve

Posted on Jun 16, 2013 9:16 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2013 4:32 AM in response to Strontium90

Please check my new post, i need some help.

Hi

I have an xserve Dual 2.3 Ghz PowerPC G5 with Mac Os X 10.5.8 and yesterday sudenly it has stop working that is no system is booting, nothing on the screen, the light indentifier is orange and it is stable (not flashing)

How can i diagnostic this server ? which version of apple server diagnostics do i have to used ?

Can someone please help me.

Thanks

Abhi

Fiber Channel for Xserve

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.