9 Replies Latest reply: Sep 19, 2013 7:07 PM by deggie
Peyman Sh Level 1 (0 points)

Why Apple is going to skip iPhone 4S on the AirDrop Front ?!!!
they will lose so many customers .........................................

iPhone 4S is Capable of running Airdrop ...

Is apple going to change his mind and support iPhone 4S Airdrop feature in the iOS 7 Gold Master Version ?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.2
  • wjosten Level 10 (94,210 points)

According to Apple, no, & this is unlikely to change.

• Peyman Sh Level 1 (0 points)

This is Unfair !
    4S is capable of doing this .. and apple by adding this feature to 4S will expand the airdrop family .. and this will result customer satisfaction and AirDrop will be some kinda Game Changing feature , Else it will not help the dropping apple customer satisfaction ....

• wjosten Level 10 (94,210 points)

sure i will !
    here is a place to give feedbacks to apple to ...

Apple should Respect Customers .....

• gods_gift Level 1 (0 points)

I don't believe the iPhone 4S is capable of utilizing the air drop feature. It is my understanding (I could be wrong) that the air drop feature will be using the 5Ghz frequency range of the the 802.11n radio. The 5Ghz range allows for faster file transfers over shorter distances which is perfect for air drop. According to the specifications page of the iPhone 4S the phone cannot operate in that frequency range however the iPhone 5 can.

It looks to me that apple has chosen to use the 5Ghz frequency for air drop and they are not known to change their minds.

• ckuan Level 7 (29,553 points)

AirDrop not only uses Wi-Fi it uses Bluetooth as well.

Not even iPhone 4S has the support for all types of frequencies ( 802. n ) is fully supported by 4S , it has Bluetooth 4.0 the latest bluetooth version available ..
    So it has the Capability to run Airdrop .. And Apple SHOULD Bring this feature to iPhone 4S ,,..

• VegasJH Level 1 (0 points)

I argee. I'm not buying any story saying it is hardware based issues to run a wifi software part of an OS. If it uses not only Wifi but Bluetooth too... then they simply have this feature 'turned off' on any 4 & 4s so you and I go buy the 5 or higher.

It is rediculous & I used the feedback to tell Apple this.

• deggie Level 9 (52,729 points)

One more thing the WiFi chip has to have is the ability to set up an ad hoc network. Think the 4/4s have that? Think the iPad 3 does?

I doubt it.