Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

maps does not display road at all

I think I did something to make road disappear from maps.

I reset iphone and it did not help.

Is there anything that anyone know how to fix it?

iPhone 4S, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 2:47 AM

3 replies

Sep 5, 2013 7:44 AM in response to mario49

Clicking hybrid or standard does not solve this problem. For me, roads are visible in hybrid and satellite but are no longer visible in standard view.

This isn't just a problem with my current location. I am in Atlanta, and maps previously worked very well here. I began having this problem while in another state, and now I can't see roads in standard view no matter where I am.

Sep 5, 2013 9:14 AM in response to chasedbybees

Standard troubleshooting...

1. Try a Restart by pressing the sleep/lock button until you see the slider. Slide to power off. Restart by pressing the sleep/lock button until you see the Apple logo.

2. Try a Reset by pressing the home and sleep buttons until you see the Apple logo, ignoring the slider if, it comes up. Takes about 5-15 secs of button holding and you won't lose any data or settings.

3. Remove all apps from Recently Used list...

- From any Home Screen, double tap the home button to bring up the Recents List

- Tap and hold any icon in this list until they wiggle

- Press the red ➖ to delete all apps from this list.

- Press the home button twice when done.

4. If still a problem restore with your backup.

5. If still a problem restore as new, i.e. without your backup. See how it runs with nothing synced to it.

maps does not display road at all

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.