Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Battery Not Detected

I have encountered this problem twice. When I am using my laptop, suddenly it's lagging. Then i checked the battery bar and it show "X" sign.

I recalled that it was 100% charged but then it suddenly turned to X

Any solution of what's going on? hopefully i don't need to go to service center since i don't have my warranty anymore and it'll take very long

for them to fix it

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 7:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 8:52 AM

Hey musixx,

I found the following information that should help you resolve the issue:

Once you have fully drained the battery, when you plug in the MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro's power cord and start the computer up, you may see an X over the battery icon in the menu bar. If you see this, allow the battery up to five minutes to come out of its low power mode and begin accepting a charge again. If your battery still is not recognized by the computer—if it still has an X over the icon—after five minutes, you may want to reseat the battery on your MacBook or MacBook Pro (applicable only to models with removable batteries). If the battery still isn't recognized after reseating, try resetting the SMC. If the battery is not recognized after those steps please contact AppleCare for further assistance.

MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air: Battery not recognized after being fully drained

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1119

Take care,

David

4 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2013 8:52 AM in response to musixx

Hey musixx,

I found the following information that should help you resolve the issue:

Once you have fully drained the battery, when you plug in the MacBook, MacBook Air, or MacBook Pro's power cord and start the computer up, you may see an X over the battery icon in the menu bar. If you see this, allow the battery up to five minutes to come out of its low power mode and begin accepting a charge again. If your battery still is not recognized by the computer—if it still has an X over the icon—after five minutes, you may want to reseat the battery on your MacBook or MacBook Pro (applicable only to models with removable batteries). If the battery still isn't recognized after reseating, try resetting the SMC. If the battery is not recognized after those steps please contact AppleCare for further assistance.

MacBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air: Battery not recognized after being fully drained

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1119

Take care,

David

Jun 30, 2013 11:37 PM in response to Delgadoh

Thanks for the reply Delgadoh! appreciate it.

Now i'm encountering that, the battery icon doesn't change after a little bit of charging (say, i started to charge from 5% then it's just stopped on 8%) then i checked the side lights of the battery, it keeps on moving up. Then, when i unplugged the charger, the battery icon is still on charging and still on 8% . Then i read that it says "Service Battery" . Do i really need to change it or is there other way to fix this problem?

Thanks

Battery Not Detected

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.