Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I open Macports?

Once macports is installed how is it opened? Or how is a .dmg file opened?

Metasploit is suppose to show if any third parties are accessing my computer. It's just a computer saftey program.

I am trying to install metsploit, first dowload xcode 4 and then macports, then check for updates. This is what I know to do, but when I download and install macports I don't know how to open it to check for updates; I can't find it anywhere on the computer.

The forum says to download .dmg for macports, is there a different way to open this type of file?

I do not know much about this if anyone could help I'd really appreciate it!

This is the website I'm using to learn how to do this.

https://community.rapid7.com/docs/DOC-1037

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5), it may have been 10.7.3 before

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 9:11 AM

7 replies

Jun 17, 2013 9:19 AM in response to Ignorant Apple user

If you don't know what your doing, you don't mess with it.

Like I said before, if you want to make sure your hard drive is wiped, take it to Apple or a local PC/Mac tech and request a new drive be put into the machine. They will give you the old one for your own destruction, even do the work in front of you if you request it.

OS X and everything will be installed via original sources and clean of any "hackers" footpints.

Don't go installing technical software you know nothing about which will open your machine to outside hackers.

How do I open Macports?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.