Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

from a macbook air, osx 10.7.5, am trying to enter OPM/e-qip application but told system not recognized, to go to tools, options, advanced, encryption, enable ssl3.0 and tis 1.o. How do I get to "Tools"?

I am trying to enter OPM/E-QIP Application but am told browser is not recognized, to go to: tools, options, advanced, encrytion, enable, SSL3.0 and TLS 1.0. How to get to Tools?

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 9:32 AM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2013 10:10 AM in response to johnclynick

Here's what OPM says to do to configure Safari, if that's the browser you're using (sort of; their instructions wouldn't get you where you need to be with Safari 5.1.7:

1) Select Safari, then Preferences from the menubar.

2) Click Advanced

3) Click the check box next to "Show Develop Menu in the Menu Bar"

4) Close the Preferences window

5) Select Develop from the menubar

6) Select User Agent, then "an appropriate browser" (OPM's words); they suggest Firefox for the Mac

This information came from their Quick Reference Guide (other than correcting an error about how to set the user agent), and I haven't tested it. If this doesn't work, you probably need to ask OPM (or their contractor) how to use the site with a Mac ...

Good luck

srb

from a macbook air, osx 10.7.5, am trying to enter OPM/e-qip application but told system not recognized, to go to tools, options, advanced, encryption, enable ssl3.0 and tis 1.o. How do I get to "Tools"?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.