Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Receive but can not send email

I cannot send email. I used the connection doctor and it shows a green dot for my esp but send button is still dimmed. In the Accounts section Outgoing Mail Server it says "off line" but I still can receive emails.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 10:03 AM

1 reply

Jun 21, 2013 3:57 AM in response to Mr.Pan

Yesterday outgoing mail couldn't recognise my outgoing mail server so wouldn't send. I deleted the outgoing mail sever for the account (having first written down what it was (smtp.talktalk.net in this case), and made a new one with the same server, so basically just duplicated it. This allowed me to send mail.

This morning the send button was greyed out, and when I went to the outgoing server settings it said 'None'. Selecting the new version of the outgoing server I typed in last night, quitting and restarting Mail has my send button back.

I know these aren't quite the symptonms you have, but it may give you a clue since no-one else has more specific instructions.

Receive but can not send email

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.