Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

ALL OF A SUDDEN "CANNOT SAVE"

All of a sudden I keep getting the following messages when trying to save changes to the files. I have run Permission repair, I have access to the files.

User uploaded file

Here is where that files is stored:

User uploaded file

And here are the permisssions to that file:

User uploaded file

Can someone help me with this?? Ideas?

Thanks!

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 10:08 AM

2 replies

Jun 17, 2013 10:25 AM in response to randynchicago

Can't see the screenshots...

Use the camera icon in the message reply to "Choose file" (the jpg file you want to display), then click on Insert Image.

EDIT: If this is the message....

User uploaded file

it's a known issue. It won't prevent you from saving and it has no consistant behavior.

It is a PITA and has been reported. But the more who file the better the chance of it being addressed.

You can file feedback here.

Jun 17, 2013 1:38 PM in response to macjack

I have checked on several different computers, my iPhone and an iPad and all of them show the screenshots in the message thread above.

The error dialog says: "Cannot save chipbcdc.rdp. Make sure tha you have permission to write to the location where you want to save the file."

My next screenshot shows the path of where the file is located: "Macintosh HD > Users > randy > Documents > RDC Connections > PRFT > chipbcdc.rdp"

Then the last image shows that I have Read and Write access to the RDP file. However, my name is listed in the access control list twice, both with Read and Write access.

Anyone have any idea why I am not able to save the file? Is my name listed 2 times causing issues, I dont know why my name is listed twice.

Thanks again.

ALL OF A SUDDEN "CANNOT SAVE"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.