Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.0.4 playlists missing & cannot create new playlists

This morning all my playlists are no longer showing in the iTunes "PLAYLISTS" display.

I've tried going to backups (grabbed an old .itl file) but the playlists still do not appear. Also pulled the "Previous iTunes Libraries" most recent .itl with no change. There is no ".xml" file in either the recent backups (Time Machine) or "Previous iTunes Libraries" folders.

Figuring all is lost (and that'd be a shame cause there are a LOT of static and smart playlists to rebuld), I tried creating a new playlist. "New Playlist" doesn't show, either. Most revealing, perhaps, is "New Smart Playlist" shows a Library rule pull-down that exposes all my Playlists and Smart Playlists.

So the library has them all but apparently can't show them?

Yes, I'll submit a bug FWIW... Perhaps someone else has noodled through this one before.

Mac mini, Mac OS X (10.7.5), Lion Server

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 12:08 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 9:09 AM

Oh, that's tricky...

I've been running iTunes since day one and am not sure when this was added...

When looking at the sidebar, I saw this:

User uploaded file

It was a little tricky taking this screen shot, cause the option is transient. IF you hover on the right side of the sidebar on the PLAYLISTS line, the link "SHOW" magically appears for a couple seconds:

User uploaded file

Might I kindly suggest to the UX folks on the iTunes team, that requiring a hover over a blank section of real estate on the screen to expose a control is not an optimal user experience.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2013 9:09 AM in response to Jon Milan

Oh, that's tricky...

I've been running iTunes since day one and am not sure when this was added...

When looking at the sidebar, I saw this:

User uploaded file

It was a little tricky taking this screen shot, cause the option is transient. IF you hover on the right side of the sidebar on the PLAYLISTS line, the link "SHOW" magically appears for a couple seconds:

User uploaded file

Might I kindly suggest to the UX folks on the iTunes team, that requiring a hover over a blank section of real estate on the screen to expose a control is not an optimal user experience.

iTunes 11.0.4 playlists missing & cannot create new playlists

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.