Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

question about updating iPhone 5 from 6.0.0 to 6.1.4

Hi would it be safe to update my iphone 5 from 6.0 to 6.1.4 OTA. Also after you update, do you loose your pictures. How is the battery life on iPhone 5 with 6.1.4 thanks.

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 2:55 PM

1 reply

Jun 17, 2013 4:05 PM in response to dave8209

You should always make sure you have connected your iPhone to your computer and fully synced all photos & videos to your computer before you upgrade the OS. Similarly, you should make sure that you have a full backup either in iCloud or in iTunes. I prefer to make an iTunes backup even if I have an iCloud backup (belt & suspenders attitude).

You shouldn't lose anything, but there is always a risk, and the backups help to mitigate that risk. As for battery life after the update, I have found that if you have decent battery life before an update then you will generally get about the same after. If you have poor battery life before the update, it might get better for you after. Some people have complained that some of the updates between where you are and current have shortened their battery life, but if you perform the update from you computer using iTunes, it reloads the full iOS to your iPhone and that generally helps to reduce risks of problems.

question about updating iPhone 5 from 6.0.0 to 6.1.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.