Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problem updating iPhoto

I bought a macbook pro from a friend and I keep getting this error message when I try updating iPhoto "You have updates available for other accounts". How can I link iPhoto to my account, and get it to update? If i delete iPhoto, will I be able to install it through the appstore with my itunes account?

Thank you

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.3)

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 3:27 PM

2 replies

Jun 17, 2013 6:45 PM in response to jmuschweck

Please try each of the following steps you haven't already taken, until the issue is resolved. After each step, relaunch the App Store and try again.

1. Follow the instructions in this Apple Support article.

2. If any App Store purchases were made under a different Apple ID, or if the bundled iLife applications were accepted under a different ID, sign in to the App Store with that ID to update.

3. Alternatively, delete the probem applications and re-download them with the ID you're using now. If you haven't already purchased them with that ID, you'll have to do that first, because purchases can't be transferred from one account to another.

4. Select the Purchased tab in the App Store window. If you see an item in the list marked "You have 3 apps to accept," click Accept.

5. Triple-click the line below to select it:

/Library/Caches/com.apple.appstore/adoption.plist

Right-click or control-click the highlighted line and select

Services Reveal

from the contextual menu. A Finder window may open with a file selected. If it does, delete the selected file. You may be prompted for your login password.

Then repeat step 4.

6. Select

Store View My Account

from the App Store menu bar, then select View hidden purchases. If you're trying to update any hidden purchases, unhide them.

7. Launch iTunes and select

Store Authorize This Computer

from the menu bar.

8. If you've moved any App Store apps out of the applications folder, or into a subfolder, put them back. Never move or copy those applications.

9. Contact Account and Billing Support.

Problem updating iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.