Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

transfer apps to new Apple ID

Hello, I created a New Apple ID and I would like to either updated my old ID to the the new one or transfer my purchsed apps from the old ID to the new ID. Any help would be greatly appriciated!

iPad, iOS 4.3.2

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 3:16 PM

6 replies

Jun 18, 2013 6:07 AM in response to diesel vdub

Hello Diesel, I created a new Apple ID in order to use the iCloud on my iPad with more functionality and my original Apple ID was created for iTunes and Apps and now I no longer want to use my original ID and I was hoping there was a way the Apple would know that I was the same personae just with a different Apple ID. I can't believe that I am the first person to ever change my Apple ID? Thank you!

Jun 18, 2013 6:12 AM in response to garyfromcanterbury

There was never any reason to create a new Apple ID.

Existing Apple ID's can and do work for iCloud.

If you really want to use a different Apple ID for iCloud versus iTunes content, that can be done but loses some of the benefits of automatic downloads of new content from iTunes.

The only reason I have seen users want to utilize two separate Apple ID's is when sharing an Apple ID for content purchases but keeping iMessage separate by using a second Apple ID.

If you simply wanted to change the email associated with the Apple ID, then you should have done so... nothing about doing this requires or involves creating a new Apple ID.

Jul 3, 2013 8:46 PM in response to garyfromcanterbury

I'm in same boat.. when MobileMe came out, I signed up.. not realizing it created an itunes account. So after years of using my old itunes for buying apps and MobileMe for email/icloud backups.. I tried to change my email to my, now icloud, email account, it would not let me..

Issue is, I'm dug in with my icloud account for email/backups/icloud music match.. NOW I have to rebuy iWorks ALLL OVER AGAIN.. just to use/try the new beta..

This SO FREAKING *****.. I HATE APPLE for this! What I want is to DROP the itunes account connected to my icloud and CHANGE my email on my old itunes to my icloud..

It's not that they CANT.. they WONT.. so now I'm screwed.. this *****...

Jul 3, 2013 11:02 PM in response to garyfromcanterbury

Transferring is not possible, however if you wish to access your old purchases, you should try accessing your old account instead.

iTunes Store: Retrieving and changing passwords (Apple ID)

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1911

But since you have created another account, you can try authorizing both new and old to access all your purchases on these two accounts.

iTunes Store: About authorization and deauthorization

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1420

You can also contact iTunes support to see if they can cancel new your Apple ID and assist you on recovering your old account.

transfer apps to new Apple ID

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.