Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop icons, files, doc and folders icons will not move, but open, unless I do a safe boot....any ideas are appreciated!! 10.5.8

Desktop icons, files, doc and folders icons will not move, but open, unless I do a safe boot....any ideas are appreciated!! 10.5.8 Tried OnyX, Apple Jack, DiskWarrior and nothing helped. Thinking it was a script that I may have deleted by accident??? Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 3:24 PM

5 replies

Jun 18, 2013 2:08 PM in response to Klaus1

Hi Klaus1, thank you for the reply! I tried those, still nothing? I reran the DU, AppleJack and OnyX again, OnyX only came up w/ a AppScptEvent error -1712 that's it. I noticed though that I can't paste anything too. It only happens when I don't do a safe-boot. It prob something simple that I'm miissing...

Jun 19, 2013 6:02 AM in response to Klaus1

Hello Klaus1, thanks again but no luck...I even went through all the other postings and no luck either. There was one that mentioned another 3rd party app "x64" or "32 x 64" something along those lines. I wrote it down, lost that, and can't remember what the link was...I do remember the icon had the wrench and screwdriver (X) behind a script (page) icon if that helps?

Desktop icons, files, doc and folders icons will not move, but open, unless I do a safe boot....any ideas are appreciated!! 10.5.8

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.