5 Replies Latest reply: Jun 20, 2013 3:47 AM by Klaus1
rjcalla Level 1 Level 1

Desktop icons, files, doc and folders icons will not move, but open, unless I do a safe boot....any ideas are appreciated!! 10.5.8 Tried OnyX, Apple Jack, DiskWarrior and nothing helped. Thinking it was a script that I may have deleted by accident??? Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)
  • Klaus1 Level 8 Level 8

Try restarting the Finder - hold the option(alt) key then press and hold the Finder icon in the Dock, when the menu pops up select Relaunch.

Failing that, try deleting ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.finder.plist and relaunch it again.

• rjcalla Level 1 Level 1

Hi Klaus1, thank you for the reply! I tried those, still nothing? I reran the DU, AppleJack and OnyX again, OnyX only came up w/ a AppScptEvent error -1712 that's it. I noticed though that I can't paste anything too. It only happens when I don't do a safe-boot. It prob something simple that I'm miissing...

• Klaus1 Level 8 Level 8

If you have any extensions installed for Safari, try turning them off.

• rjcalla Level 1 Level 1
    Hello Klaus1, thanks again but no luck...I even went through all the other postings and no luck either. There was one that mentioned another 3rd party app "x64" or "32 x 64" something along those lines. I wrote it down, lost that, and can't remember what the link was...I do remember the icon had the wrench and screwdriver (X) behind a script (page) icon if that helps?
  • Klaus1 Level 8 Level 8

Do you by any chance have TinkerTool installed?