Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Maps 'home' location is wrong, but 'home' in contacts is correct on map

Slightly odd scenario but if I choose to navigate from my current location to 'home' the maps app will take me to the wrong location (although not far away) - if however I choose to navigate to myself via contacts the location pin is dropped in the correct place!

So my question is really - is the 'home' location based on the address you enter in your contact profile, or is it determined through other means?!

If I can alter the location - how can I go about doing this?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 4:08 PM

1 reply

Oct 8, 2013 3:20 PM in response to Ethy

I have a similar problem. If I chose "Home" in Maps it takes me to a completely different city (same street name), even though the text it auto-populates in the search bar is the correct address. If I type in exactly the same text in the search bar, it takes me to the correct location.

Even more interesting, if I use geofence, it translates the text from my Contacts, finds the different location, then the text for that wrong location is shown in the search bar (presumably it's translating to coordinates, then getting the location text from the coordinates).

I cannot for the life of me understand what it's doing under the surface to get it so wrong.

Maps 'home' location is wrong, but 'home' in contacts is correct on map

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.