Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie - Photos show up as different images

I've made a 14 minute video. But some of the photos show up as other images instead. This isn't the first time this has happened, and I'm seriously thinking of switching to Final Cut Pro or something else. Is there any way to save the video that I've been working on in iMovie?? Help!

iMovie '11, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 6:32 PM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2013 6:42 AM in response to SoJennyS

In iPhoto try doing a minor edit to one of the problem photos, such as a slight change to the brightness or contrast, or perhaps a small crop (anything that will cause the photo to be resaved in iPhoto).

You may now need to close iMovie, then re-open it (in order for iMovie to recognize changes to iPhoto items). Now drag the modified photo to the appropriate place in the timeline. If this displays correctly, click on the original one in the timeline so that it is highlighted with a yellow border (it will be alongside the modified one). Now press the Delete key on the keyboard to remove that original photo.

If all this works OK, continue with the other problem photos.

TIP: Before doing all this, it would be preferable to duplicate the project. In Project Library view (where all your projects are listed) right-click or control-click on the project. From the pop-up menu select Duplicate Project. That will give you a copy to work from if anything goes awry. The duplicate is similar to the old "Save As" command. Duplicating won't take up much extra space on the hard drive, as projects essentially reference (point to) the clips in the associated Event or Events (as well as keeping track of edits, transitions, titles, music and so forth).

John

EDIT: Obviously, I'm assuming that you are dragging photos from iMovie's Photo Browser and selecting them from the iPhoto item in the Browser. If not, just follow the same principles, using whatever photo editor you normally use.

Message was edited by: John Cogdell

iMovie - Photos show up as different images

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.