Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot access photos

I was backing up my cousin's photos to his iCloud account, straight from the phone, now most of the photos aren't showing up. The iCloud Management Settings says that he has about 700mb of photos in the cloud, but when connected to the computer, the phone only has about 200mb of photos. I would just mark that as not being on the device, but the Photo Stream tab isn't showing the photos either. I really hope that these photos aren't lost, just don't know hCow else to access them.

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 17, 2013 7:12 PM

3 replies

Jun 17, 2013 7:20 PM in response to SWes608

Don't try to use iCloud to back up photos. Photo stream only keeps up to 1000 photos on your devices, and only photos added in the last 30 days in iCloud. Camera roll photos are included in the iCloud backup, but if deleted from the phone, the backup will be overwritten by one that doesn't contain them.

The proper way to back up photos is to import camera roll photos to your computer, as explained here: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4083. If you need to back up photo stream photos too, save them to the camera roll (tap Edit, tap the photos, tap Share, tap Save to Camera Roll), then import them too.

Jun 17, 2013 7:40 PM in response to randers4

I normally keep my photos on a local drive, but unfortunately, my cousin doesn't. While I understand that the photos were probably overwritten in the cloud, based on your description, but then why does the memory still say that 700mb of photos still exist. I was trying to download the photos to his computer, but since they're not showing up on Photo Stream, I don't know what else to do.

Cannot access photos

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.