Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't add new airport extreme to my network. Spent 2 hours w/apple support over the phone. They tried everything or create a network with it. Nothing works. All devices are apple with latest upgrades.Device works properly at apple store.

After typing password to add extreme, it says: an error has occurred. Please try again.

Tried to install extreme with all ipad and iphone with latest airport utility.

After over 1 hour, Apple support thought extreme was faulty. Their diagnostic was wrong. I brought it back to apple store. Device works well there.

They gave me another one just in case. Same isssue. Same error. Cannot create a network with extreme or just add it to exisitng network. Nothing works. Tried with cable and wifi. Apple support doesn't understand the issue and did not manage to fix. All in all I wasted 4 hours to try unsuccessfully to set up a very basic product that should be a plug and play, Apple has a serious issue with this one

iOS 6.1.4, New Airport Extreme, Iphone 5, Ipad

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 4:27 AM

5 replies

Jun 18, 2013 6:33 AM in response to James A. Weston

The device is NOT faulty (Apple tested it in store) but doesn't all set up when I want to add it to existing network (powered by time capsule) or if I want to create a new network from scratch w/extreme and without time capsule.

This product is a nightmare when it should just be a plug and play. Apple is not on the right path in terms of product development if it can't even have a router working properly.

Jun 18, 2013 6:45 AM in response to James A. Weston

Pointless to posta reply if it'snot constructive on the matter.

Do a bit of research on google etc and you will see that I am not the only one to face this set up issue.

Clearly, Apple did not develop this product properly. It should be plug and play and it's just a nightmare.

Even Apple support doesn't get it after spending hours on my case.

That should tell you something!

Can't add new airport extreme to my network. Spent 2 hours w/apple support over the phone. They tried everything or create a network with it. Nothing works. All devices are apple with latest upgrades.Device works properly at apple store.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.