Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Suddenly can't hide or unhide itunes purchases

As of June 17th I'm unable to successfully hide or unhide any itunes purchases on any devices (iphone 4, ipad 2 and macbook). I was able to earlier that day. anybody experiencing the same. I'm at a loss.

MacBook, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 7:14 AM

31 replies

Jun 19, 2013 5:31 AM in response to Heidihworbird

Got a response from support. They're suggesting it's an operating system issue. Well, I am running ios 6.0.1 on ipad 2, ios 5.1.1 on iphone 4 and osx 10.5.8 on macbook (yes, I'm aware the macbook needs an update). I doubt this is the issue as it's happening to a lot of people right now (basically all in the last 24hrs). I was able to hide/unhide until 6:00 EST on June 17th. I'm a little irrate that apple may try to strong arm me into updating everything at once and this probably won't fix the issue. So, I am going to wait to see how this issue grows and look for insight. For now, I've lost control of MY purchases.

Jun 19, 2013 6:17 AM in response to Heidihworbird

Yes, you're probably right about people not hiding/unhiding purchases frequently and it would take longer for people to realize that feature isn't working properly. I just happened to be trying to unhide some music yesterday I decided i wanted to listen to again here at work so it's not something I use alot either. I was able to download it on my iphone and I had it backed up at home on a couple external hard drives (all my stuff that is). I never completely trusted that I'd always be able to redownload my stuff whenever I want. I guess backing up is still very important.

Jun 20, 2013 6:31 AM in response to Heidihworbird

I experience the same issue. I cannot hide my purchased apps. Also tried to unhide hidden apps and they didn't appear on purchsed list. It is sure a problem from Apple and not isolated on someone's operating system as long as every hour more users report this problem. Apple should care about her customers and not leaving them frustrated seeking answers about what is happening...if they don't fix the issue I will stop purchasing apps. I cannot handle the mess in purchased apps unless they offer to hide my unwanted ones.

Suddenly can't hide or unhide itunes purchases

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.