Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Smart Playlist Behaving Strangely

I have two Smart Playlists that are behaving in strange ways. I use iTunes Match, and the smart playlists show up on my iphone and my ipad. They play fine on my ipad, but on my iphone, when I tap on a song in either of those playlists to play it, the Music app displays 2-4 album art covers in quick succession and nothing plays. The playlists have around 28 songs in them.

All the other playlists, both Smart and others, play fine.

I have tried turning iTunes Match off on the iphone, syncing, then rebooting the iphone, and then turning iTunes Match back on. That didn't work.

I also tried taking the Smart Playlists, and creating regular playlists with the same songs, but they also behave in this strange fashion.

As I said, the same playlists work normal on the ipad.

Any suggestions?

thanks

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 8:37 AM

5 replies

Jun 21, 2013 8:38 AM in response to Michael Allbritton

Thanks. I solved the problem by a different method.

First, I disabled iTunes Match.

Then, I went to Settings, General, Usage, then Music, and then Edit.

Tapped the Minus symbol next to All Music which brought up a Delete button for All Music.

I tapped the Delete Button and it deleted all music from the device.

I then went back in and reenabled iTunes Match. At that point everything synced as it should and the playlists all work normally.

Apparently the Music Files on the device must have gotten corrupted somehow. Deleting them all and then re-enabling iTunes Match solved the problem. Just disabling and reenabling iTunes Match, without deleting all the music files, didn't work.

Smart Playlist Behaving Strangely

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.