Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I want to know how to take numbers data (first/last name, address, city, state, zip) and put it into the address book.I tried to save the numbers document as csv and import and it did not work. Cannot find out how to do this in the help section.

I want to know how to take numbers data (first/last name, address, city, state, zip) and put it into the address book.I tried to save the numbers document as csv and import and it did not work. Cannot find out how to do this in the help section.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 1:55 PM

2 replies

Jun 18, 2013 2:02 PM in response to klalee

Klalee,

Your Numbers table must have a particular order for the import of the CSV to succeed. To obtain the proper format, first drag a contact from Contacts (AddressBook) to Numbers. This creates a table with the proper headings and one record. You can delete the one record and then fit your existing Numbers data to the table you just created by dragging from Contacts. The first step is to Unhide all columns in the new table, then move your data to the proper columns in the new table. Finally, do the export to CSV.

Jerry

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.