Currently Being ModeratedJun 20, 2013 12:43 PM (in response to gglaze)
Hello there gglaze,
I would recommend checking out this article about troubleshooting wifi issues with the iPhone. Named iOS: Troubleshooting Wi-Fi networks and connections it can be found here http://support.apple.com/kb/ts1398
- Be sure that you are in range of your Wi-Fi router (access point).
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and turn Wi-Fi off and then on again.
- If unable to do so, see this article.
- Confirm that your Wi-Fi router and Cable or DSL modem are connected to power, turned on, and indicate that they are connected to the Internet.
- If not, refer to your network administrator or ISP for assistance.
- Restart your iOS device.
- Tap Settings > Wi-Fi and locate the Wi-Fi network to which you are connected. Then tap and Forget this Network. Try to connect to your desired Wi-Fi network again.
- Note: You will need to enter your Wi-Fi password again if your desired network requires one.
- Turn your Wi-Fi router off and then on again2. If your ISP also provides cable or phone service, check with them before attempting this step to avoid interruption of service.
- Update your device to the latest version of software.
- Update your Wi-Fi router to the latest firmware2.
- For AirPort Base Stations, see this article for information about firmware updates.
And this section toward the bottom
- Avoid giving your Wi-Fi network a common name.
- Some wireless routers are preconfigured with a common SSID (network name) such as "wireless" or "default."
- If your desired Wi-Fi network has a common SSID, try changing the SSID to something unique2.
- If your desired Wi-Fi network has a unique SSID, reset network settings by tapping Settings > General > Reset > Reset Network Settings.
- Note: This will reset all network settings including: previously connected Wi-Fi networks and passwords, recently used Bluetooth accessories, VPN and APN settings.
Perhaps even backing up and restoring your device.
iTunes: Restoring iOS software
All the very best,
More Like This
- Retrieving data ...
- This solved my question - 10 points
- This helped me - 5 points