Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

FCP 7 Project Files created in 10.6.8 with 10.8.4

Will my Final Cut Pro 7 Project files that were created on 10.6.8 be effected when I upgrade to Mountain Lion?

Final Cut Pro 7, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 2:23 PM

1 reply

Jun 20, 2013 12:53 PM in response to jeffhoch

Hey there jeffhoch!

I have an article for you that can help you make sure you get the best experience from upgrading to Final Cut Pro X. That article can be found here:

Final Cut Pro X: Best practices for updating

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5550

Naturally, the answer to your question is that yes, your projects will be affected. They will have to be upgraded in order to comply with Final Cut Pro X. This should not affect the projects negatively, but I will stress that the article gives you information on backing up your projects and events, and I would definitely recommend that as well:

Backing up your Projects and Events
See Back up Projects, your Project Library, and Events in Final Cut Pro X for instructions.

When backing up your projects and Events be sure to place copies of them inside a new backup folder. This will prevent Final Cut Pro X from automatically opening your backup Projects and Events.

Take care, and thanks for visiting the Apple Support Communities.

-Braden

FCP 7 Project Files created in 10.6.8 with 10.8.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.