Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Songs remain in "items not in my library" folder even after I import them from Home Share moments earlier

I'm having issues importing songs from my PC dekstop to MacBook Pro which only started happening recently. Although I have been having trouble even just connecting to my desktop's library (once I click on the library I immediately get kicked back to my current MacBook music directory), I've connect a cable between the two computers which allows access for the time being, I click on the desktop library, then select "items not in my library", a list of songs appear, but for some reason songs that I have already imported are on this list, as well as songs I have not yet transfered over. I have transfered over plenty of music from my desktop to MacBook before without any issues, but now I have random other songs that are already transfered to my MacBook mixed in to the "items not in my library" folder. I tried importing all of the songs, including songs I already have on here thinking that maybe that would solve it (I know that I have not changed or moved any songs' locations on either computers) but once I transfer a song into my library, I go back to the "items not in my library" folder in Home Sharing and that same song is still in the folder seconds after I transfered it. Any suggestions on what to do? Thank you so much in advance!

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 1:42 PM

6 replies

Aug 30, 2013 9:37 AM in response to jaimec11

I'm having the same issue and have had a little success at fixing it.

I noticed that all of the songs it thought it was missing from the other computer had no Album. Furthermore, every single song on each computer without an album was in the "Items not in my library" list on both PCs. So I added "Unknown" as their album name. Now the list is down to 5 songs from 280. I'll update if I can figure those last few songs out.

Aug 30, 2013 9:50 AM in response to jaimec11

Sure enough those remaining 5 songs were missing an artist. I didn't notice because they were incorrectly named. The song names were in the format of "Artist - Song" which I was accustomed to back in the days of using WinAmp. Once I filled in values for Artist and Album all the duplicated songs were gone!

If anyone is having trouble with non-music media try the same thing - fill out values in the "Get Info" section that are blank and figure out what you need.

Songs remain in "items not in my library" folder even after I import them from Home Share moments earlier

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.