Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Provider unlocking to use another SIM!

When buying a second hand iPhone or getting it as a gift, no one knows which provider still has the lock on it. How to enjoy an iPhone if no SIM Card is accepted.Please help! All i have is the IMEI, restore through iTunes 11.0.4.4 to iOS 6.1.3 on Modem FW 04.12.05 (and of course the iPhone 4 and my old SIM) no contact to the one who sold the iPhone to my wife's parents, before they give it to us as gift...what to do, please?

iPhone 4, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 2:56 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 3:03 PM

Unless you find out the original wireless carrier tha the phone is lock to you won't be able to unlock it.

2 replies

Jun 18, 2013 3:09 PM in response to Templeton Peck

Thanks for the fast response...i tried with a special SW and found out a carrier (O2 IE, a contract lasting till Oct. 13), which can't be the case as they bought it from Turkey, and we are based in Germany (a fully complicated story)...i called the O2 support in Ireland and they performed a check on the IMEI but couldn't find any records...something is wrong here...how could this be? this is the 3rd generation of iPhones we have in house (6 people) and only this time with a used phone as gift we experience such troubles :-( Any idea? any help? surely apple could at least reveal the provider we should talk to, using the IMEI...Thanks in advance!

Provider unlocking to use another SIM!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.