5 Replies Latest reply: Jul 22, 2013 6:39 PM by CED4444
CED4444 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Intermittent sticky cursor with my trackpad. iMac OSX 10.8.4

iMac, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)
  • 1. Re: Intermittent sticky cursor with my trackpad.
    Baby Boomer (USofA) Level 9 Level 9 (55,575 points)

iMacs have keyboards, not trackpads.

2ue5vgy.gif

• 2. Re: Intermittent sticky cursor with my trackpad.
    rawmusic Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

unless you bought one or had it instead of a mouse...really helpful answer, considering the number of points you have. Now you're going to say "it's called a magic trackpad" and go "nya nya nya nya nya"...don't waste your energy

• 3. Re: Intermittent sticky cursor with my trackpad.

give it a gentle wipe with a glasses cleaner...it can be quite sensitive to build up of moisture. Might help...

• 4. Re: Intermittent sticky cursor with my trackpad.

...that, and try power cycling it by pushing the button on the right hand side of the trackpad.

You can also check to see if you have good signal... Go to the bluetooth menu at the top right of your screen and select Open Bluetooth Preferences. Select the trackpad from the list, unless it is your only bluetooth device connected. Holding down the option (alt) key will show the signal strength. It should be reading somewhere between -50 and -65 or thereabouts - the bigger the number, the smaller the signal.

You can also check the battery level..from that same bluetooth dropdown menu at the top of the screen, select Apple Wireless Trackpad, and you should be able to see the charge level. People are reporting that they get problems even from 50% down. It should be good for a lot longer, though.

I have the same intermittent problems. I find wiping and power cycling fix it nearly all the time.

Good luck

• 5. Re: Intermittent sticky cursor with my trackpad.
    CED4444 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

Thanks, I bought a new track pat. I think the problem was moisture in the track pad switch. I’m gong to check it out on fixit.com. Again, thanks for help.