Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPhone has no wifi option, only WLAN

Under Setting in my iphone 4 (in China), I have no wifi option, only WLAN. And the WLAN is not picking up any of the wifi networks that my husbands wifi picks up fine. His phone has an option for wifi instead of WLAN. Software update says I'm up to date, have tried restarting it a number of times. What should I do?

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 4:33 PM

9 replies

Jun 18, 2013 4:52 PM in response to Ralph Landry1

I bought the iphone as is just a couple days ago, and it only had the WLAN option, and came with the updated software. If I tap WLAN, it has the on/off slider switched to on, and has a Choose a Network section. But it isn't readying any of the wifi networks that my husbands iphone is picking up. It then also has a section for "Astk to Join Networks.

I have done the reboot, still not working. Please advise.

Jun 18, 2013 5:00 PM in response to Montes

Go to Settings > General > About > Version and what does that info say...the latest iOS for the iPhone 4 is 6.1.3 (10B329). The info in the parenthesis is the build number for that iOS version. Sounds a little like you might have a special build of the software. That is done for some Middle Eastern countries that prohibit some apps such as FaceTime. Perhaps you bought an iPhone with special iOS on it.

Jun 18, 2013 5:57 PM in response to Montes

Did you setup the iPhone or a store/carrier, etc?

Do you have very much material or content added to the iPhone?

If you have not added much if anything, and are comfortable resetting up the iPhone, an option is to go to Settings > General > Reset > Erase All Content and Settings so the iPhone is back to factory, pristine condition and then set it all up again. Unless there is something strange with this iPhone or the iOS on it, that should revert to the Apple iOS build.

But first, have you tried going to that sequence and selecting Reset Network Settings instead of the full erase?

iPhone has no wifi option, only WLAN

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.