Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

command delete does not delete

When I hit command delete, instead of deleting the photo, the screen flashes. I have checked all my other shortcuts and nothing is in conflict with this one so I don't understand life not working. If anyone has any ideas, I would really appreciate it.

OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2), netopia 2247-n8

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 8:15 PM

9 replies

Jun 19, 2013 10:23 AM in response to Kirby Krieger

The "flash" makes me think you might be taking a picture of your screen.

Actual the screen will flash when you run the command and for some reason the command can't be run.

For example if you have no images selected and you run Delete the screen will flash and you'll here a tone.

Message was edited by: Frank Caggiano

Actual that is a setting in the Accessibility pane of System Preferences, under audio: Flash the screen when an alert occurs. Forgot I had that turned on.

Jun 19, 2013 10:36 AM in response to Frank Caggiano

Actual the screen will flash when you run the command and for some reason the command can't be run.

That is what I have been thinking too. If I remember correctly, Aperture did flash the screen, when one tried to delete from a smart album or in Faces view. But the current version will really delete anything with ⌘⌫.

Maybe renee.d has an older GarageBand version? So far we do not know the version.

Jun 19, 2013 10:54 AM in response to léonie

Yes the screen will flash as long as the setting in Accessibility is set.

Of course if nothing is selected the command will fail, which is why I asked the OP to try to run the File->Delete right after command-delete fails. If the File->delete works then it is a problem with the shortcut, if File->Delete fails also then something else is going on.

Maybe renee.d has an older GarageBand version? So far we do not know the version.

Did we relocate when I wasn;t looking? 😁

command delete does not delete

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.