Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Home sharing Fine on iPhone 5 Not on iPad2

I have currently 44 movies that I have purchased from iTunes on my Mac Pro. I use Home Sharing to share between all my devices including ATV3, Macbook Pro, 2 iPhone 5s and an iPad 2.

Out of the 44 movies only 14 show up in home sharing on my iPad 2. Nothing I have tried has helped and believe me I've been combing the internet for almost a year. The only thing I have been able to determine is the iPad seems to only play movies that have a lower than 1080p resolution. This is strange because all of my movies have been downloaded in 1080p. I checked in the finder and found that the movies that do show up on the iPad2 have several size versions. For Instance "The Social Network" has 3 versions, one is called The Social Network (1080p HD) the second is The Social Network (HD) and the third is just called The Social Network.

This is odd as I only purchased it once in one resolution, 1080p. So does iTunes automatically download 3 versions and if so why do I not have three versions of all the movies?

All the movies that don't show up on the iPad2 are in 1080p only in the finder. But they show up no problem on all the other devices.

Now here's the kicker, the one movie I added and is not from iTunes but is 1080p does work!

I just want Home sharing to work with my iPad without having to buy a new one.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.6.7), ipad2, iPhone4, MacPro

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 8:32 PM

There are no replies.

Home sharing Fine on iPhone 5 Not on iPad2

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.