Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

No S-Video and composite video cable adapters from Apple?

Hello.

Is it me or does Apple's http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/cables/cable_choo ser not carry any video cable adapters that go to S-Video and composite inputs (an old Panasonic projector TV from Y2K) from MacBook Pros (2008 and 2012 models)? This is just for watching fullscreen videos.

Thank you in advance. 🙂

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.4 Ghz; A1260 model; 15" size.

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 9:50 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 18, 2013 11:58 PM

Like diskettes, SCSI and serial ports and now DVD drives in Retinas and Airs, Apple has a penchant for declaring technology as passé and ditching it when least expected. Today, all the rage is with digital displays and analog is out. So, no composite or S-video anymore. Next to disappear will probably be the VGA output converters.

Might want to canvass Mom & Pop computer stores in the area, that usually don't have such a furious inventory turnover rate as the big chains, and maybe you'll find what you need. Or look in eBay, Amazon, etc. Note that you don't NEED an Apple-labeled adapter, just one that will plug in whatever ports you have left and gives the required output.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 18, 2013 11:58 PM in response to antdude

Like diskettes, SCSI and serial ports and now DVD drives in Retinas and Airs, Apple has a penchant for declaring technology as passé and ditching it when least expected. Today, all the rage is with digital displays and analog is out. So, no composite or S-video anymore. Next to disappear will probably be the VGA output converters.

Might want to canvass Mom & Pop computer stores in the area, that usually don't have such a furious inventory turnover rate as the big chains, and maybe you'll find what you need. Or look in eBay, Amazon, etc. Note that you don't NEED an Apple-labeled adapter, just one that will plug in whatever ports you have left and gives the required output.

Jun 24, 2013 10:40 AM in response to Courcoul

Courcoul wrote:

OK and thanks. I tried to find on big retailer stores online like Best Buy, Fry's Electronics, Office Max, Radio Shack, etc. but had no luck. Or maybe I am not searching correctly (DVI S-Video and DVI composite keywords as two examples)? I did find Apple's on Amazon.com based on the model number from someone on comp.sys.mac.system newsgroup: http://www.amazon.com/APPLE-M9267G-DVI-Video-Adapter/dp/B0000ACOBL/ ...

No S-Video and composite video cable adapters from Apple?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.