Skip navigation

No S-Video and composite video cable adapters from Apple?

504 Views 3 Replies Latest reply: Jun 24, 2013 10:40 AM by antdude RSS
antdude Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jun 18, 2013 10:01 PM

Hello.

Is it me or does Apple's http://store.apple.com/us/browse/home/shop_mac/mac_accessories/cables/cable_choo ser not carry any video cable adapters that go to S-Video and composite inputs (an old Panasonic projector TV from Y2K) from MacBook Pros (2008 and 2012 models)? This is just for watching fullscreen videos.

Thank you in advance.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2008), Mac OS X (10.5.8), 2.4 Ghz; A1260 model; 15" size.
  • Courcoul Level 6 Level 6 (11,160 points)

Like diskettes, SCSI and serial ports and now DVD drives in Retinas and Airs, Apple has a penchant for declaring technology as passé and ditching it when least expected. Today, all the rage is with digital displays and analog is out. So, no composite or S-video anymore. Next to disappear will probably be the VGA output converters.

Might want to canvass Mom & Pop computer stores in the area, that usually don't have such a furious inventory turnover rate as the big chains, and maybe you'll find what you need. Or look in eBay, Amazon, etc. Note that you don't NEED an Apple-labeled adapter, just one that will plug in whatever ports you have left and gives the required output.

• clintonfrombirmingham Level 7 Level 7 (26,735 points)

Try Monoprice for adapters - if they're out there, Monoprice will have them.

Clinton

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.