Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i delete expired subscriptions that I no longer want to show in my account history?

How do i delete expired subscriptions that I no longer want to show in my account history?

iPad, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 2:12 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 4:00 AM

If you are asking about how you can alter your purchase history in your iTunes account, you can't. It's not possible to do. You can hide and in hide apps, but you can never remove something from your purchase history.

I assume that you are not asking how to stop a subscription because you were on the support site that explains how to do that and you were led to this forum by posting a question at the bottom of the support page. However, if that is what you really want to know how to do, go back here and read the instructions again.

8 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2013 4:00 AM in response to xthecity

If you are asking about how you can alter your purchase history in your iTunes account, you can't. It's not possible to do. You can hide and in hide apps, but you can never remove something from your purchase history.

I assume that you are not asking how to stop a subscription because you were on the support site that explains how to do that and you were led to this forum by posting a question at the bottom of the support page. However, if that is what you really want to know how to do, go back here and read the instructions again.

Jul 5, 2015 6:04 AM in response to Demo

I think what xthecity is asking (& certainly what I'm asking) is how to remove expired subscriptions from the "Manage Subscriptions" page in iTunes. I scroll down the "Account Information" page in iTunes and see, under settings, Subscriptions - 9. I only have 3, so I click the "Manage" link and it shows me a list of mostly expired subscriptions, some cancelled or expired years ago. Is there a way (as there should be) to remove old junk from the list and make my subscriptions count correct?

Jan 15, 2016 3:06 PM in response to havveh

havveh wrote:

So this means if one has a lot of subscriptions eventually the list will be so long it will be hard to manage subscriptions on ones iPhone?

why should it be made impossible to remove those apps one doesn't want to subscribe to anymore ?

No one here can answer why Apple has made a particular UX decision. Submit your feedback requesting a change to Apple here:

http://www.apple.com/feedback

Jul 30, 2016 6:41 PM in response to Kilgore-Trout

The problem here is that these expired subscriptions prevent me from removing my payment information. I want to select None, but the option isn't showing up. I have checked other reasons for the None option being available. Therefore, this is a bug, not a design choice.

Update: the reason None was not available in the payment optiona was because my credit card had expired. This shpuld be added as one of the possible reasons to the apple site for why this option isn't available. But I do not see why you should not be able to select None even if the card has expired, especially as a quick work around to get updates working again, which was all I required.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.