Some months ago I decided to merge all my apple products into one by upgrading my phone and ipods into a single iphone 5 which would fit more comfortably in my pocket (and comes with a brand new 3 year contract). I'm starting to regret it.
I find the stability and reliability of the iphone 5/ios 6.1.3 conbination to be so poor I'm afraid what might happen if I had to use it to dial 9-1-1 and spent 10 minutes trying to get the phone to work.
Here's a short list of issues I encounter far too often (even once seems too often, but some of these happen at least weekly).
- the phone takes too long to switch between talk and listen I have to be very careful with my conversation because I'm forever cutting off or being cut off in conversations. (happens all the time... I have never been happy with the talk capability of the phone compared to 3gs)
- According to the phone, a usb personal hotspot was active once, but I had to reboot the phone to be able to actually tether
- When I went to my parents who live out in the middle of nowhere for a day and finally came back home, I had "no service", no data, smack in the middle of town unless I rebooted the phone
- a sync with itunes 10.7 this morning failed halfway through (I've been down this path before... I will have to do a full wipe/restore to ensure the music library database on the phone isn't pooched) and I had to reboot both phone and computer to be able to "complete" the sync, but I'm not at all confident it worked properly
- The ios6 music player app will sometimes show one song when it's clearly playing a different song
- The wi-fi range on my phone seems to be horribly limited to 30 feet or so (I got nearly 200 with my 3gs)
I'm here to ask others if they have been encountering blatant stupid problems (and if so, to compile a list of them) or if most of these problems are to to my specific possessed piece of iphone 5 junk.