Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Why is there only one person who can't receive or send me text messages?

I am able to send and receive text messages to everyone but one person who does not have an iphone. My settings in messages is set for sending SMS. What do I need to do?

iPhone 5, iOS 6.1.4, other phone is not iPhone

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 8:11 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 8:24 AM

Your carrier needs to provision SMS on your account.

16 replies

Oct 3, 2013 7:41 PM in response to cheryl dfrom

A "me too". Suddenly between tuesday and today my wife stopped recieving texts from my iPhone 5 to her iphone 5. I'm on AT&T, she's on Verizon, no other changes to the account. I can get her texts, she doesn't get any of mine any more. My kids on her same Verizon account (different phone numbers obviously) get my texts fine. I'm not blocked, she can get my calls and facetime without a problem. I guess I'll try resetting our network settings, but otherwise have no idea why this is occuring.

FWIW, it is an issue for both iMessage and SMS

Why is there only one person who can't receive or send me text messages?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.