Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Live Wallpaper won't uninstall! Tried several things.

I installed Live Wallpaper from the app store, decided I didn't want it and uninstalled it. Now my desktop.plist file keeps resetting with their settings in it and I can't get their image from popping up when I start or log in to my computer.

Things I have tried:

1. Installing and uninstalling again.

2. Deleting all files I could find with SquidMelon in the name.

3. Deleting desktop.plist file.

4. Editing desktop.plist file.

5. Screaming....

6. Posting questions on their FB Page.... did about as much as the screaming did...

If anyone knows how to reset the desktop.plist folder back to factory and keep it from resetting because of SquidMelon, I would really appreciate it. I just don't know what to do anymore.

Many Thanks

Mac mini, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4)

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 8:35 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 11:03 AM

uninstalled it.

Deleting all files I could find with SquidMelon in the name.

If you just dragged the app to the Trash, that doesn't uninstall all the associated files.

Re download the Live Wallpaper app from the App Store. (Click Purchases from the App Store menu bar). Make sure and use the same Apple ID used for the original purchase.

Then Download AppCleaner for Mac - Uninstall your apps easily. MacUpdate.com

It's a very handy and free utililty.

Then use AppCleaner to uninstall Live Wallpaper then restart your Mac.

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2013 11:03 AM in response to Vetulia

uninstalled it.

Deleting all files I could find with SquidMelon in the name.

If you just dragged the app to the Trash, that doesn't uninstall all the associated files.

Re download the Live Wallpaper app from the App Store. (Click Purchases from the App Store menu bar). Make sure and use the same Apple ID used for the original purchase.

Then Download AppCleaner for Mac - Uninstall your apps easily. MacUpdate.com

It's a very handy and free utililty.

Then use AppCleaner to uninstall Live Wallpaper then restart your Mac.

Live Wallpaper won't uninstall! Tried several things.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.