Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

uninstall digi coreaudio manager

Dear Community,

I was using my Macbook Pro to record one of my concerts several months ago, but the hardware I was using was AVID, and it required that I download the free Digidesign CoreAudio Manager from the AVID website. Since I installed that program (Digidesign CoreAudio Manager), I cannot open ANY audio-related programs without first opening the Digidesign CoreAudio Manager. All the software works fine AS LONG AS Avid's software is open and running first.

After the concert, I figured I had no use for the Digidesign CoreAudio Manager, so I deleted it and all of its related files. After that, none of my audio programs would open. I even called AVID and waited on the phone speaking to different people, even reaching the supervisor, but they were NO HELP! They said they would NOT transfer my call to the tech department unless I had a tech-support code, which they sell for a fee. I downloaded that software for free from their site! And they refused to help me uninstall the program, despite that program effectively shutting down my ability to use my other audio programs. I'm putting this out there so anyone who reads this will know NOT TO DOWNLOAD OR PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM AVID. They will screw you over, and refuse to help you, unless you pay them. Again, DO NOT DOWNLOAD THE Digidesign CoreAudio Manager!!!!!

I have since had to re-install the Digidesign CoreAudio Manager just so I could use my audio programs again. Can someone please help me, and tell me how to uninstall Avid's software, including any hidden drivers that are screwing with my other audio-programs, so that my Macbook Pro will function just like it did before I ever downloaded that worthless Digidesign CoreAudio Manager?

Please. Thanks.

-fiver

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 12:15 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jan 31, 2014 3:30 PM

Did you find a solution. I now have the same issue.

3 replies

Apr 17, 2014 5:22 PM in response to dlcj

Hey guys, i just had this exact same problem today. I tried to get my Digidesign Mbox 1 to work as a driver for my macbook pro currently runnin Lion, but i only found out after i had downloaded and installed Digi Coreaudio Manager that it wasnt compatible :| Then obviously the problems came where i couldnt load ANY audio programs whatsoever -_- . That is, unitl i tried loading Logic, which i noticed had stopped loading on 'Checking Midi Drivers'. So i went over to my library> audio> Midi drivers (Or devices) and removed the Digi drivers in that folder (Just cut them from the folder and put them on your desktop in case you still need them), then just restarted my Macbook. And now the programs load again! Please let me know if this works for you guys, thanks

Apr 17, 2014 5:42 PM in response to _fiver

I don't know if this will help or if you have tried this but go to one the audio files that you are having a problem with and press command I or option-click the icon and select get Info.

Under the Open with section, change the default program from Digi to iTunes or whatever other audio program you want to use and click on change all to associate all files of the same type to use the same audio progam. You will have to do this for the different types of audio files (MP3, MP4, AIFF).

Hope this works for you.

uninstall digi coreaudio manager

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.