Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can I play songs from GarageBand in Synthesia?

Hi,

Is it possible to take songs made in GarageBand for iOS, and import them to the Synthesia library on PC, to play them?

I only really need to get piano parts, but I've got the left and right-hand parts in seperate instrument tracks. I could merge them, but I don't know if Synthesia would recognize which notes are played by the left and which by the right hand.

If no, is there an alternative? Is this possible on an iPad or a Mac? Would it help if I bought an iRig MIDI?

I also have another topic open: Is it possible to get sheet music from GB for iOS?

Thanks,

David

iPod touch, iOS 6.1.4

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 10:34 AM

1 reply

Jun 19, 2013 4:06 PM in response to daaf97

As I mentioned in my other repy, GarageBand for iPad is only upward compatible to GarageBand 11 and Logic.

I assume that your piano parts are MIDI parts (MIDI Regions). One way would be to play your part on DAW A and record that MIDI data into DAW B (Synthesia).

However neiter GarageBand iPad not GarageBand 11 "send" MIDI notes while playing. For that you need Logic and use an external MIDI Track that plays external MIDI devices. Once you are in Logic, you can export MIDI Regions as MIDI files. Any DAW that allows MIDI file import can use that file (which is part of the MIDI standard)

Hope that helps

Edgar Rothermich

http://DingDingMusic.com/Manuals

'I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my recommendation or link.'

Can I play songs from GarageBand in Synthesia?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.