Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes 11.0.4 for Windows keeps restarting and removing my set-up and preferences

iTunes 11.0.4 for Windows keeps restarting and removing my set-up and preferences every time its shut down and re-opened, how can I stop this?

All of the music (etc) is still there but I need to agree to the terms and condition of the 'Software License Agreement for iTunes for Windows' every time I open iTunes.

Once opened there is no personal set-up, such as side menus and how the lists are set-up (e.g showing album images, music listed in ‘most played’ order,etc etc) I know how to re-do all of my settings, Its just getting very annoying now.

Anyone know how to stop this or at least why It is doing it? 😕

Windows 7

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 10:10 AM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2013 4:54 PM in response to MLG3000

I found why it defaults back to the wizard. I noticed in C:/users/(User)/AppData/Roaming/Apple Computer/iTunes/iTunesPerfs.xml file is deleted from this directory upon exiting iTunes. When I manully restore this file itunes starts with my correct settings. Why the .xml file being deleted I don't know. iTunes is deleting the file when you exit so I guess there is just a bug.

iTunes 11.0.4 for Windows keeps restarting and removing my set-up and preferences

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.