Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do you know how a Macbook pro can read a DVD double layer?

Hello Everyone!

I have a DVD that is in this format or type of DVD, (I don't know very much about this). The thing is that entered to my Macbook pro the DVD but it just look like if it's going to read the DVD, after that it eject it and I cannot see the files inside the DVD. I asked this question at answers.yahoo.com but nobody has explaind about. I don't know what to do, if I need to download a software that can read this or what to do!

Please explain me this

Thank you very much

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.5)

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 1:02 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 1:30 PM

The CD/DVD drive in MacBook Pros can read dual-layer DVDs.

Does the CD/DVD drive in your MacBookPro read other CDs and DVDs? If it does, then the problem would be with the DVD and not the CD/DVD drive or software.

Where did this DVD come from? It sounds like it's a DVD disk with files on it (you mentioned wanting to see the files on the DVD).

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 19, 2013 1:30 PM in response to Davlem

The CD/DVD drive in MacBook Pros can read dual-layer DVDs.

Does the CD/DVD drive in your MacBookPro read other CDs and DVDs? If it does, then the problem would be with the DVD and not the CD/DVD drive or software.

Where did this DVD come from? It sounds like it's a DVD disk with files on it (you mentioned wanting to see the files on the DVD).

Jun 19, 2013 2:05 PM in response to MartinR

Hello MartinR.

Thank you for answering question.

Well I don't have another dual-layer DVD to entered into my macbook what I can tell you is that my macbook with no problem can read other DVD about movies, or cd of music. There is no problem with.

Talking about the dual DVD. I can read this in a computer of windows with no problem and I can see the files .dmg and others, I cannot copy to an USB because it's about 7GB and I don't have one.

Do you know how a Macbook pro can read a DVD double layer?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.