Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

New Apogee ONE problem with Logic 9

Hi,

I've had an Apogee ONE for almost a year and have had no issues up until 2 months ago.

Issues: No pop ups, The Maestro volume levels are always full, and I believe this is affecting the quality of the audio output. Anyone else with this issue/ have a solution?

Much appreciated, thanks.

L

Logic Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.4), Apogee ONE, Macbook Air 2012

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 12:10 PM

9 replies

Jun 19, 2013 2:41 PM in response to LK90

I've been using an Apogee One for a couple of years but I'm afraid I've no idea what you mean about 'No pop ups' ?

Obviously you shouldn't have everything up full in the Maestro software either, unless you're saying that you're not getting enough output from it into Logic when you're recording stuff ?

I did have an issue, just the once, where I couldn't seem to alter any of the levels onscreen, so going to the website revealed that there was a software update, which seemed to solve the problem (obviously, if its been working before, a re-installation seems like a logical step).

Some occurences are bound to be down to something in your own particular computer's configuration and then sometimes you just forget about the obvious because you're distracted by the details 🙂

Jun 19, 2013 5:07 PM in response to chorleyman

Hi Chorleyman,

Pop-ups are the transparent displays that appear whenever you take a physical action with the Apogee ONE while using Logic, such as changing the volume or output/input type. A display usually appears in the middle of the screen, showing the action you have taken. Maybe you have these turned off in Maestro?

In Maestro, I have nothing up full, the bars are just appearing like that, and I'm not able to affect them. The volume know is the only one I can affect. I've attached a picture of the issue.

I've reinstalled the software multiple times, but no luck :S User uploaded file

Aug 13, 2013 1:17 AM in response to Pancenter

Pancenter,

When I change the sample rate, it doesn't have any effect. Usually it automatically switches the setting back to 48k after a few seconds :S

I've tried changing every setting, but no luck. This literally was never a problem for a whole year, until a few months ago, so it must have been something to do with the update.

It doesn't stop the functionality of the device, but it inhibits it to an extent.

Thanks

Aug 14, 2013 7:16 AM in response to LK90

I ended up uninstalling and then reinstalling the apogee software (twice). Both times the Maestro 2 software cannot recognize that the One is present. Logic finds it and the Mac preferences find it but Maestro just gives me a message that says there is no Apogee system present...

I have a request for info in at Apogee but so far no response.

Aug 14, 2013 10:23 AM in response to LK90

It looks like it's just an interface problem between the Maestro software and hardware, but not the basic audio interface. Apogee needs to update their control software.

I've heard mention but don't know if it's true that Apogee ONE and DUET actually use Apple's interface software (system compliant devices) and that the USB units can work with no drivers being installed, of course then you don't have the Maestro software to control the features of the hardware.

New Apogee ONE problem with Logic 9

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.