Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Waterdamaged but still responsive?

I have an old waterdamaged itouch that has been completely unresponsive. I've kept it for so long due to sentimental reasons. It was my first. I eould occasionally connect it to iTunes but nothing would ever happen. I tired it today just for the heck of it and it responded. My laptop downloaded its driver software and then iTunes detected it was in recovery mode(I was making it do a force recovery using its buttons but the screen remained black). Ituned recovered AND updated it to iOS 4.2, I believe, but it doesnt show in iTunes and the screen's still black. Windows doesnt detect it either. I feel that since it updated, SOMETHING has to be working inside. Is there any hope for my poor baby? Or should I just let him be? Helpful responses would be great! Thankyou!!

iPod touch (2nd generation), iOS 4.2

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 1:32 PM

1 reply

Jun 19, 2013 1:37 PM in response to TechnoMonkiie

Try:

- Inspect the dock connector on the iPod for bent or missing contacts, foreign material, corroded contacts, broken, missing or cracked plastic.

- iOS: Not responding or does not turn on

- Also try DFU mode after try recovery mode

How to put iPod touch / iPhone into DFU mode « Karthik's scribblings

- If not successful and you can't fully turn the iOS device fully off, let the battery fully drain. After charging for an least an hour try the above again.

- Try on another computer

- If still not successful that usually indicates a hardware problem and an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store is in order. The appoitment is free.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Waterdamaged but still responsive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.