Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone has my old email address I was able to change my email address on my iPads and my computer but not my iPhone

I changed cable companies and thus I now have a new email address. I was able to change my email on both iPads but when it came to changing it on my iPhone I am unabe to. I cannot update my Apps.

iPhone 4, iOS 5.0.1

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 4:02 PM

1 reply

Jun 19, 2013 5:59 PM in response to mjhopper47

The question is, did you change the email address in your existing Apple ID or did you make a new Apple ID with the new email address. if you made a new Apple ID, then you messed up. The content (free & bought) is forever tied to the Apple ID that acquired it. Onlt that Apple ID can update or redownload the content. If you made a new Apple ID you will not be able to update any of the content from the previous Apple ID unless you maintain that Apple ID. Apple does not transfer content from one Apple ID to another ID and Apple does not merge Apple IDs.

Apple ID FAQ

Changing the email address you use for your Apple ID

My iPhone has my old email address I was able to change my email address on my iPads and my computer but not my iPhone

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.