Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how do I share my iPhoto slideshow

I made a 20 min slideshow with videos & pictures for my daughters All Star team party. I cannot figure out how to save it in a way that I can play it for our party. We will be using a projector, with either a dvd player or a macbook connected to it. Can I share it someway? I made it on my imac, but don't know how to share it. I also have icloud if thats a possibility.

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 5:25 PM

23 replies

Jun 19, 2013 5:40 PM in response to temekugirl

Export your slideshow as a video:

• Select the slideshow in the source list and press the "Export" button.
  • Select the video format: "Display"
  • Then press the "Export" button in the panel.

iPhoto will now render a video file to your Desktop. Be prepared to wait for several hours for this rendering to finish.

Save this videofile to a thumbsdrive or a data DVD to be able to show it on the macbook.

Or burn a video DVD to be shown in the DVD player. You will need a a special burn program to burn a video DVD: iDVD, Toast, Burn to name a few.

See: How to create a video-DVD? (Macs without iDVD): Apple Support Communities

Regards

Léonie

User uploaded file

Jun 19, 2013 6:48 PM in response to temekugirl

is there anyway I can share it with my friends macbook & then I can play it thru that?

How large is your iPhoto Library?

If your friend has ithe same Photo version, you could copy your iPhoto library to an external drive or a thumbsdrive and connect the drive to the iMac, then play it from there. You can delete all events that have not been used for the slideshow from the copy.

The external drive must be formatted MacOS X Extended (Journaled) ) and the

"Ignore ownership on this volume" flag, to avoid permission problems when accessing the iPhoto library from different user accounts.

Is your library on a shared network volume? The error message suggests that. Then etwork problems will account for the trouble with the slideshow.

how do I share my iPhoto slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.