Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

deleting music off iphone and not itunes

Not sure if this is in the right section but anyways,

I currently have an iPhone which is running out of space so I deleted some of my songs one by one off my phone. When I connected my phone to my computer, all the songs went back onto my phone. I tried to remove the songs again from the computer but it only gave me the option to uncheck playlists and not individual songs. What I want to know is if there is anyway to delete individual songs from just your iPhone and not iTunes and not have them return back onto the phone when connected to the computer.

The reason why I don't want to delete these specific songs from my iTunes is because I have another apple device (ipod) which I want all the songs on. I just don't have the space to keep them all on my phone.

Thanks again.

iPhone 4S

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 1:14 AM

4 replies

Jun 22, 2013 9:04 AM in response to RochelleNeon

Hi RochelleNeon,

Thanks for visiting Apple Support Communities.

You may find some of the suggestions in this article useful for managing your music:

How to use multiple iPhone, iPad, or iPod devices with one computer

http://support.apple.com/kb/ht1495

This method may be particularly helpful:

Method Two

You may use multiple devices on a computer without the need to create multiple user accounts. To do this, you can set iTunes to update each device with only certain playlists. This method allows you to put all your music on, say, your iPod and keep your iPod shuffle updated with only your workout music. Here's how to do this with iTunes:

1. Create new iTunes playlists that contain all the music that you want to sync to each device.
  2. Learn how to sync your device.

Note: iTunes for Windows does not support syncing multiple iPod devices at the same time.

Regards,

Jeremy

deleting music off iphone and not itunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.