Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

(Aperture + Photo Stream) x me = confused

i am confused about the apparent duplication of pictures from my iPhone in my Aperture library. Up until recently i had all three boxes checked in the Photo Stream Preference panel (Enable, Auto import and auto upload).

• in Aperture i have Photo Stream (album or project, i'm not really sure) in the Recent library section. It contains 1000 photos (presumably the most recent 1000)
  • I also have monthly projects automatically created eg. Jun 2013 Photo Stream going back to Dec 2011 when i got the iPhone. That's 19 months with over 5,000 pictures
  • i also seem to have duplicates of every single image from the iPhone from importing images via the Import dialog

so can i delete the images in the auto monthly folder if i have also done an import? Or since i have enabled Auto Import should I stop manually importing images?

Thank you

Posted on Jun 19, 2013 9:57 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 12:18 AM

Michel,

The photos in the monthly projects and the manually imported photos are redundant. You can delete either of them.

Or since i have enabled Auto Import should I stop manually importing images?

You can either turn off the auto import and only import manually, or don't import them again manually.

The advantage of the manual import would be, that you could delete photos from the Photo Stream, before they are downloaded to your mac, so you do not have to delete the bad shots twice, on your mac and on your phone.

Regards

Léonie

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2013 12:18 AM in response to Michel Corbin

Michel,

The photos in the monthly projects and the manually imported photos are redundant. You can delete either of them.

Or since i have enabled Auto Import should I stop manually importing images?

You can either turn off the auto import and only import manually, or don't import them again manually.

The advantage of the manual import would be, that you could delete photos from the Photo Stream, before they are downloaded to your mac, so you do not have to delete the bad shots twice, on your mac and on your phone.

Regards

Léonie

(Aperture + Photo Stream) x me = confused

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.