Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

4G iPod touch KEEPS CRASHING AFTER 6.1.3 UPDATE

Okay, so I live in an area with rural internet. Because of this I have only just downloaded the 6.1.3 iOS update this week for my 4G iPod touch. I have only just discovered how bad an idea that was.

Safari crashes every half-minute, the iPod is now INCREDIBLY slow, Twitter, YouTube and almost every app I have keeps crashing after a minute or so...

I have gone over all the 'fixes' that google has presented to me.

Clearing the multitasking bar doesn't change jack and I can't roll back my iPod to the backup on iTunes because I just got a new computer. And the first thing I did was move all my music over and SYNC THE IPOD AFTER IT HAD BEEN UPDATED.

So what am I supposed to do? My iPod is USELESS to me now as an internet-capable device OR music player, and no matter where I look the only help anyone can offer is "Apple doesn't support downgrading"???

So Apple updates the OS with a faulty patch and I have to deal with the failure?

Is there anyone who can actually HELP me? What do I do? Jailbreak the **** thing? I've never jailbroken anything before, but surely it can't render my iPod any more useless than it already is! It's not like the thing is covered under warranty anymore! (Really convinient, that...)

Can some please help me get my iPod WORKING again?! I paid $300 dollars for a music player with internet access, not a paperweight!

Either way, I'm officially done with Apple devices after this nonsense. I hear Galaxy Tabs actually work! Imagine!

iPod touch (4th generation), iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 1:25 AM

5 replies

Jun 20, 2013 5:22 AM in response to D-Man86

Try:

- Reset the iOS device. Nothing will be lost

Reset iOS device: Hold down the On/Off button and the Home button at the same time for at

least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

- Reset all settings

Go to Settings > General > Reset and tap Reset All Settings.

All your preferences and settings are reset. Information (such as contacts and calendars) and media (such as songs and videos) aren’t affected.

- Restore from backup. See:

iOS: How to back up

- Restore to factory settings/new iOS device.

If still problem, make an appointment at the Genius Bar of an Apple store since it appears you have a hardware problem.

Apple Retail Store - Genius Bar

Jun 20, 2013 1:41 PM in response to lllaass

Resetting all settings worked. Thank you, Illaass. I'm even able to post this reply from my iPod, now.

I apologise for how my post was worded, I was quite aggravated by the whole situation. Thank you for your suggestions. I have no need to jailbreak my iPod any more, nor do I have any intention of doing so.

Thank you once again for the help you offered.

4G iPod touch KEEPS CRASHING AFTER 6.1.3 UPDATE

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.