Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iPad stuck on firmware update

Hi All.

Have been given an iPad 2 (Wifi and 3G) but i just cant get it to work. iTunes sees it and says its in recovery mode and i try to restore (both by just clicking restore) and by manually trying by downloading the correct update. Nothing I try works. I either get an error code (21, 1600) etc or it just gets to about 75% done and says "restoring ipad firmware" and nothing happends. Any way i can get it to restore?

Thanks

iPad 2, iOS 6.1.3

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 2:50 AM

7 replies

Nov 4, 2013 3:44 AM in response to ArtyAdd

It happend to me last night as well. I keep getting the same two errors 3965 and 4005 and i am unable to restore any ipsw firmware version on my iPad 2.
I just clicked update ipad software to 7.0.3 when prompted in itunes and it didn't go through with it.
Is there any solution for this? Or should I take this to an Apple Store? Thanks

Jan 22, 2014 4:02 AM in response to ArtyAdd

the only way to restore your Ipad 2 is to open your Ipad and remove the LCD screen then you have to remove the volume control doughterboard connectore cable from the logic board (you can see this in youtube how to open your Ipad). Then connect your ipad to PC and make restore through Itunes it will take 5 minuts maxiumum.

For sure 100 percent it will work! fix every thing back and restart your ipad. This is the only way to get your ipad working again.

After that when it is working let me know if you want to know why this problem occured?

iPad stuck on firmware update

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.