Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

language issues when copying from safari to ms word

I am a Dutch user of Microsoft Word on mac and I often want to copy Dutch text from safari into my Dutch files. All my system preferences are Dutch but when I copy something from Safari into my file, the ms word settings automatically turn into English. The whole copied text is underlined with red markings as if it is all wrong spelled and this is very frustrating. Text that is typed by myself isn't mentioned to be English by ms word and everything is fine. I only have the problem with copied text.

I only have this problem when copying text from safari to ms word. I downloaded and tried to copy text from google chrome web browser to ms word and the problem didn't happen. I also tried to copy text from both safari and google chrome to mac texteditor and the problem didn't happen again.

This are some solutions that I find out. But none of them are what I am looking for.

• I can solve the problem by using google chrome instead of safari, but I prefer using safari.
  • I can solve the problem by using another texeditor instead of ms word, but I prefer ms word.
  • I can solve the problem by selecting the red marked text and turn the settings back to Dutch everytime I copy text, but this is very frustrating and is very time consuming.
  • I can solve the problem by pasting text into word without layout, but I often want to use the layout of the text.

I think there must be another solution for this problem.I think that there is a problem between the integration of ms word and safari with the clipboard. I think the problem caused by the following two things:

• When copying text from safari, the clipboard also saves the language settings of the webpage.(google chrome doesn't do that)
  • When I paste text into a MS Word file, ms word also loads the language settings from the clipboard.(mac texteditor doesn't do that)

New solutions I think they might work:

• changing safari prefrences so that the language setting of the webpage arent copied to clipboard.
  • changing clipboard prefrences so that clipboard doesn't copy and/or paste language setting in general.
  • changing ms word preferences so that the language setting aren't copied from clipboard.

My problem is that I cuoldn't found any of these settings and I think they don't exist.

Is there anybody who knows how to solve this problem? Please help me!!

(I'm sorry if my English is not that good, I'm not a native speaker)

iMac (21.5-inch Mid 2011), iOS 5.1.1

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 3:36 AM

1 reply

language issues when copying from safari to ms word

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.