Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i downloaded some new instruments and lost a great deal of my old ones

I downloaded "additional content" and got excited that I saw so many more jampacks, etc. to add to my collection. Unfortunately, I was shocked to discover that a great number of my original instruments were no longer available. ( I'm in the middle of a project and I really need those old instruments! )

Is this process reversable?

MacBookPro, Mac OS X (10.4.6)

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 8:19 AM

1 reply

Jun 22, 2013 12:15 PM in response to crumblymusic

Hello there crumblymusic,

It sounds like the loop index needs to be re indexed. Check out this article, Logic Pro and Express: Rebuilding the Loop Index found here http://support.apple.com/kb/ht3443

On Mac OS X v10.6 Snow Leopard

1. Quit Logic if it is open.
  2. In the Finder, choose Go > Go to Folder.
  3. Type /Library/Audio/ in the "Go to the folder" field.
  4. Press the Go button.
  5. Place the Apple Loops Index folder in the Trash. Note: GarageBand 1 and Jampacks 1-3 used a different location. See Where loops get installed for more information.
  6. Open Logic.
  7. Drag the Apple Loops folder into the Loop Browser in Logic. Enter your administrator password if prompted.
    Note: If you have GarageBand 1 or have installed GarageBand Jam Packs, repeat the last step for the GarageBand Jam Pack folders (See Where loops get installed for more information).

All the best,

Sterling

i downloaded some new instruments and lost a great deal of my old ones

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.