Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes Match uploads from CD only

This is very bizzare and only started happening last week. Whenever i purchase a song from the iTunes store import a song that comes from the internet or even redownload the from the purchased section in iTunes iTunes match refuses to upload or match the audio to the cloud. It starts to upload or match but then just goes back to the beggining and starts over and over again. I tried duplicating the song and that didn't work. I also tried reimporting the song after deleting the file to the trash. The only way it would upload or match is if I burnt to CD and then imported the song back into iTunes. Why would it upload or match from a CD only? This also works for CD's I already have bought. Is this a bug???

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion (10.8.2)

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 9:11 AM

11 replies

Jun 20, 2013 9:49 AM in response to Moose123

Hi,

Try deleting tracks from library then hold shift key whilst turning off match. Close itunes and relaunch. Sign back into itunes store and activate match. You will be asked to add this computer. Do so and let process completed. If successful all tracks will show icloud status as "Purchased, Matched, Uploaded, inelligible or Duplicate" If any tracks are showing "Waiting" delete them from library.

Once complete try redownloading purchased tracks from itunes store. Icloud status should be "purchased". Now try readding the other tracks, a few at a time. If successful you should not have any tracks showing icloud status as "Waiting".

Jim

Jun 24, 2013 11:10 PM in response to Moose123

I'll give it a shot.

Disable iTM on all the iOS devices, and do a hard rest by holding down the Power and Home buttons until you see the Apple logo. Do not re-enable the service on the devices yet.

Next, launch iTunes on your computer, and disable iTunes Match while holding down the Shift key. Sign out of the iTunes Store and quit iTunes. Restart your computer for good measure. Launch iTunes and sign into the store, then enable iTunes Match. Let it do the scan. When the scan is finished take a look at the iCloud Status column and see if there are any tracks identified as "error" or "waiting." Post back and let us know how it goes.

If all goes well then re-enable iTM on one iOS device at a time.

Itunes Match uploads from CD only

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.