Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot download previously purchased TV shows

I'm running versions OS 10.6.8, iTunes 11.04, and Apple TV 5.3. I paid, downloaded, and viewed a TV show via Apple TV. Running low on hard drive space, I deleted the .m4 file found at Music > iTunes > iTunes Music > TV Shows > [TV Show] > [.m4 file].

I attempted to download the same show again, and, using the iTunes TV Shows Quick Link "Purchased", was told the episode had been "Downloaded," with no cloud icon allowing download available. Searching TV Shows for the episode, it also showed the purchase had been downloaded.

I went back to the "Purchased" Quick Link, found the downloaded episode and deleted it. I searched TV Shows again for the episode, and now have only the option to repurchase the item (in the "Purchased" Quick Link, it still shows the item as "Downloaded").

Nothing was backed up. Any ideas? Thank you.

Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 8:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jun 20, 2013 8:46 AM

Do you still have it listed in the TV Shows part of your iTunes library i.e. where you would click on it to play it ? If you do then that is why it is showing as 'downloaded' in the Purchased link - iTunes is seeing that entry in your library and is assuming that you still have it somewhere, even though you may not have the actual file on your computer. Try deleting it from your library and 'downloaded' should change to the cloud symbol.

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jun 20, 2013 8:46 AM in response to 200motels

Do you still have it listed in the TV Shows part of your iTunes library i.e. where you would click on it to play it ? If you do then that is why it is showing as 'downloaded' in the Purchased link - iTunes is seeing that entry in your library and is assuming that you still have it somewhere, even though you may not have the actual file on your computer. Try deleting it from your library and 'downloaded' should change to the cloud symbol.

Cannot download previously purchased TV shows

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.